If you missed last night’s tour of the Easton Farmers’ Market, wherein I talked about ways in which you could easily make salads from your findings at the market, too bad! But guess what? Here’s the shopping list. I imagine this would work, in some cases, for the Saturday market too, but some of these items are vendor-specific. You may have seen my previous post, a recipe for Panzanella, which we highlighted as one of the go-to salads for the dog days of summer.
I’m aiming to try to get these shopping lists up afterward. Here’s last night’s. Please pardon me for not hyperlinking every one of these vendors who has a website; you can learn more about them at the EFM site, for starters.
Panzanella (Italian Bread Salad)
- Heirloom tomatoes, cucumber, red onion/candy onion, cubed bread
- Mozzarella is optional and not traditional
Sweet and Spicy Kale Salad
- Grilled chicken, kale, roasted beets, shredded carrots, sliced radishes. Top with trail mix, orange-ginger vinaigrette (orange juice, minced ginger, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil)
The (Mostly) Green and Yellow Salad
- Green and yellow beans, sliced radishes, lemon cucumbers, diced yellow squash and zucchini, chopped bacon, whole basil.
- Green Goddess dressing (mayo/egg/oil, avocado, chives and/or parsley, salt and pepper, Greek yogurt
Kale-Cashew Pesto with Israeli Couscous
- Israeli couscous tossed with kale-cashew pesto, blistered Sun Gold or other small tomatoes, red/sweet onion, chopped green, purple and white bell peppers, parsley, toasted walnuts
- Lemon mustard vinaigrette: Lemon bomb hot sauce, honey, mustard, salt and pepper, balsamic, olive oil
Resources (subject to change):
- Cucumbers, heirloom tomatoes of all sizes, kale, candy onions and basil (basil also available at Moonshadow Farms)
Silver Birch Kitchen
- Kale-cashew pesto, mozzarella cheese
- Sun gold and mixed heirloom tomatoes, lemon cucumbers, lemon bomb hot sauce, radishes, carrots, squash and zucchini
- Beets, green and yellow beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, yellow squash and zucchini, white, green and purple peppers
- Greek yogurt
Apple Ridge Farm
- Any of their crusty rustic breads would work; chicken, mustard
- Trail mix